Our commitment to you
We pride ourselves in the high standard of service we offer our customers and are committed to ensuring there is never a need for complaint. However, should you feel that the service or product we offer has been less than satisfactory and wish to complain we value such feedback and will ensure your complaint is dealt with quickly and fairly.
Definition of a complaint
The FCA Handbook definition of a ‘complaint’ is “any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from, or on behalf of, a direct client about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service, which (1) alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience and (2) relates to an activity of that respondent, or of any other respondent with whom that respondent has some connection in marketing or providing financial services or products, which comes under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service.”
Alternatively, if you do not want to make a complaint but you'd simply like to make a suggestion as to how we could improve our products, service or website we would appreciate your comments, which may be provided using the same contact details as above.
What we need to know
When contacting us regarding your complaint please provide the following information:
- Your policy number or ID number
- Details of what went wrong Please give us as much detail as possible. Where necessary please include the dates of your interactions with us and key events which are relevant to your complaint.
- How can we contact you? Just in case we need to speak to you further, please include some contact details and a preferred method of contact (e.g. phone or email).
- What outcome would you like? We know that sometimes an apology and recognition that we have not done as well as we might is all that may be required. At other times it can be far more that’s needed to put things right. Let us know how you think we could resolve the matter.
How to submit your complaint
We are committed to treating our customers fairly, however, we realise that there may be times when things go wrong. If this happens, please contact Westminster Insurance in the first instance.
- Phone us on 01305 839939
- The easiest way to complain is simply to give us a call.
- Email us at email@example.com
Please include the information we have listed under ‘What we need to know’.